2. Peg Leg - The Original!
The Peg Leg tilt stand system is Palm Radio's original invention and was developed by us to improve the operating convenience of the Yaesu FT-817 by raising the front about an inch and a half. The result is easier reading of the display, and better access to the front-panel controls.
The Peg Leg is an ingenious device, designed and manufactured in Germany. It comes as a kit including detailed mounting instructions and all necessary parts like washers, screws, etc. The Peg Legs are made of stainless steel for maximum strength, stability, and durability.
- The Peg Legs are permanently attached to the radio, so you won't lose them or have to search for them before your portable activities.
- The legs fold downwards in operation. They tilt back up and out of the way for storage or when transporting the rig.
- The kit includes non-skid rubber feet for both legs and self-adhesive rubber feet to stick on the rear area of the bottom cover. An 817 with Peg Legs installed will stay put!
- Durable but light-weight stainless steel is used for the legs and the screws, while high-quality nylon is used for the washers.
- Installation of the Peg Leg system does not interfere with shoulder strap attachment.
- All front panel controls and the jacks on the side remain accessible and fully functional. Because the rear of the radio is tilted downward, we recommend using the front antenna (BNC) jack.
Mounting Instructions Peg Leg