Since many years, the »Mini Paddle« has proven to be highly reliable portable morse paddle.
Like all Palm paddles the »Palm Single« is also equipped with gold plated contacts that ensure maximum contact safety and reliability. For maximum transportation safety, this precise single lever key can be retracted into it's robust housing, just as known from all Palm Radio keys. The standard housing consists of aluminium, the new ABS housing is optional.
The lever of the »Palm Single« bears a clever mechanism which automatically centers it in the middle position - no adjustments to be made!
Another feature is that you can select either the normal »single paddle mode« or the »sideswiper mode«. The switching between these modes is done directly at the lever by use of the supplied hex key, which is also used for the adjustment of the set screws. The hex key can be stored in the base plate of the key (»QuickMount«) - perfectly placed and always at hand.
Two different set screws per lever side allow precise and individual adjustment of the contact gap and the spring pressure.
The characteristics of the »Palm Single« at a glance:
- Hard, defined stop of the paddle lever.
- Automatic centering of the lever- no manual adjustments required.
- Paddle pressure per side individually adjustable from approximately 2 to 40grams.
- Gold-plated contacts.
- Easily selectable between single paddle and side swiper (CootieKey) mode.
- Low mass: paddle lever only 6 grams
complete key 48g (aluminum housing) or 30g (ABS housing).
- Paddle lever can be retracted for transport and is therefore best protected.
- Smallest single lever key in the world: 25 x 25 x 79 mm = 1 x 1 x 3.1 inch.
- The Palm Single standard housing is the classic aluminum case, but it can optionally be ordered with the ABS housing instead. This offers the following advantages:
- Precise seat of the paddle in the housing by significantly lower dimensional tolerances than with aluminum housing.
- No »rough« sound when paddle is sliding in and out of the housing due to the lack of powder inside the housing.
- Light and very robust - ideal for mobile use.
- Haptic feel better than the »cold« aluminum housing.
- No shining through of the silver color of the aluminium once the paddle is »worn« after some time of »use and abuse«.
- Better and more modern look with an elegant Palm Radio Logo on the top.
- Supplied: Manual, QuickMount (universal mountingplate with magnets) and Palm Radio connection cable (3-pin connector with plastic housing).
Innards of the PS
Contact of the PS
Palm Single Instructions
PS Video (Youtube)